Over all it was in pretty good condition. But it was your typical RV interior, all tones of brown. After seeing what could be done, I knew I wanted a brighter more colorful interior.
So we dug in and went to work. I took all the curtains down and washed them. The mattresses and cushions I sprayed with disinfectant/odor eliminator and set in the sun for several days. I gave the interior a good cleaning. We removed the cabinet doors and the hardware off the doors. The hardware was fine but a shiny brass color. So I spray painted them a dark brass.
We then went to work on the cabinets, repairing, filling holes and nicks and sanding. Then time to paint, first I did a primer coat. Then I painted with Behr Marquee paint and primer, semi-gloss in 'Spring Frost'. I got good coverage with these two coats.
I sewed new valances, but reused the Velcro and Glide-tape from the old ones. The black out curtains were in good shape, but we were missing two pair. So I bought two full length (84in) black out panels at Walmart and cut them in half. I then used flat bed sheets to cover all of the panels. I did have to buy drapery Glide-tape for the two new pair. I found it on line at Campingworld.
The counter tops were in good shape so we left them as is. I found a cute decal on Amazon for the front of the refrigerator.
We redid the floor. It is a floating floor, 'Allure' in teak, we bought at Home Depot. Considering neither my husband or I knew what we were doing I think we did OK laying it with a minimal amount of swearing. Especially since nothing in this camper was square. I have a feeling that might be true in all pop ups.
I made these cute little candle holders to match the decor. They were originally clear. I used food coloring mixed into white glue. After getting the color I wanted, I used a small brush to paint the holders. They now have the look of sea glass. The candle holders and battery tea lights all from the dollar store.
Do you see the "chandelier" over the table. I got a little carried away with my decorating. My husband rolled his eyes at this one. But I had fun making it from a dollar store basket and battery candles. The beads I bought at Joann's, with coupons of course. The whole thing cost me about $10.
Another thing we made, which is a little more practical, was some hanging shelving. I found the idea on Pinterest and bought the supplies at Home Depot in the closet section. The fabric bins are from the dollar store.
The majority of fabric I bought at fabric.com. I covered the cushions using the folding method and a glue gun. I'm not sure how the glue will hold up in our cold Wyoming winters, we'll see . I might have to rethink it come spring. I made the bed covers because I couldn't find anything ready made that I liked. Some of the throw pillows I bought others I made. I'm very pleased with how everything turned out. Everyone who has seen it can't believe the transformation. Unfortunately we haven't been able to use it yet. You can read that sad tale on my last post, The Road Trip That Wasn't.
We have winterized the camper and closed it up for the winter. We are looking forward to new adventures come spring.
A thought to ponder: "Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it" Lou Holt